Monday 12 August 2013

I feel it all

Sensitivity; A person's feelings which might be easily hurt or touched. It has always been a defining nature within me, this is in equal measure-a blessing and a downfall. My experiences have shaped the way I feel, into someone that can bruise easily; one small word can send my mind into a free falling frenzy.                                     It's the kind of feeling where every tiny remark is analysed until the point where my heart is a hindrance to any truth of what the person originally intended. All of this is known as an affliction of weakness in the eyes of a lot of people; but for myself, I feel it is a component in my identity which is still being formed; a part that slowly I am beginning to love and a tender strength that allows me to be open.   

As Max Andrew Dubinsky says: " My condition isn't for the meek or the weak of stomach. I've loved and lost and lost again, more times than any man should. It's hard to find someone when you can't keep your cards close to your chest. What's the point of keeping anything close to your chest when the very thing you're trying to conceal is exposed and dirty and bruised for all to see?."  (from the short story 'The boy with his heart on his sleeve and the girl who tried to fix him.')                                                                                    
 It's easy to be closed off and keep your emotions inward but it takes strength to feel it all, to embrace the pitfalls that come with the courage of being true to your feelings and not just the inward but the outer acceptance of this of showing how you truly feel
may be an open book, but I earnestly aim to make the pages I show reflect the tender self that I am. 
                              





No comments:

Post a Comment