Thursday 25 July 2013

Finding my Voice



This post was inspired by Nick Drake's rather lovely song 'One of these things first'
I could be 
Yours so true
I would be
I should be
Through and through
I could have been
One of these things first
The beauty of this inspiration that i felt even though Nick Drake is a stranger to me he wrote something that speaks so much into my life within this world it's so easy to overlook the simple unity which words can bring fro stranger to stranger.                                                               In this way i want this blog to bring together similar voices through the words i write although these lyrics flawlessly describe how despite everything the words that i write is still mouldable, unformed, murmer of the voice that I want to become.                                                      This journey is the uncharted territories of writing to discover the loud shout of my heart and by doing this I feel like I let go of tiny fragments of myself to others. This is what makes writing so perilous is that your writing is your heart and people can see the inner workings of you; the flaws, the anger and the delicate beauty.                                                                                                                              
For me, writing is about sharing all of these aspects of myself that i cannot speak out and having the courage to step out and say; this is all of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment